Custom Search

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Getting Started

So here is how it started and this is how it is all going to go down. My fiancee, yes I'd like to congratulate myself, and I decided to volunteer at our local humane society about five months ago. I have to tell you that it is an unbelievably rewarding thing to do. Now on to the real story, if you didn't already know I have been looking for a new career since being part of a large downsizing with my past company and me trying not to be a pessimist have decided to do something that I truly care about and stop worrying about the monetary aspect of a career.

I am lucky enough to have a significant other that supports me in my dreams and aspirations that has allowed me to pursue my love of animals (and writing) further. That is why I have decided to take a position as a kennel attendant where we volunteer. I will be doing everything from helping out with adoptions, feeding, working with the on site vet, and of course picking up poop. Oh, and I can't forget the part about giving and getting lots of love from all of these animals in need.

On to the goal of this whole experiment. I hope to share my experiences in the day to day operations of the shelter and pass along some of the adoption stories that will better explain the benefits of finding the right homes for these animals. There will be tough times I can guarantee it but I also know the goods times will out weigh the bad.

I look forward to sharing my experiences with you and hope that you to contribute your animal stories. And if you're an enlightened person you might just know how your pet feels about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment